Register

Questions about products

Share your experiences, tips and tricks

Questions about products

Postby jde5041 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:31 pm

I have a few questions. First, as we all know there is a track width difference between 84-86 and 87-89 Zs. I have a complete spare set of control arms front and rear from an 84. If I was to use those control arms on my 88 would the control arm kits have enough adjustment to make up the track width difference? Second, I am planning on using the Z31 coilovers from Stance but I like the idea of using the offset lower bracket from the S13 coilover for extra wheel clearance but still have the upper mounts, spring rates, and valving that are specific to the Z. I have already contacted Stance to see if they would substitute the lower brackets but I was wondering if anyone was already using this setup?

Re: Questions about products

Postby admin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:59 am

Sorry for the late reply and sorry I can't make heads or tails of what products you are asking about?

Postby jde5041 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:51 am

The adjustable control arm kits? Front and rear. Specifically the rear 300zx adjustable trailing arm kits, can they compensate for the difference in track width between early models and later models?

Site Admin

Postby support » Thu May 11, 2017 6:13 am

Yes, on the front control arms, the offset you cut them can be changed to bias any way you like, just keep in mind the tension rod will be rotated to where the holes may have to be slotted, and the swaybar endlink will be increasingly out of alignment the more you extend the arm.

As for the rear, the instructions include a section explaining how to modify the cut offset for moving the trailing arm outboard more, as many people even with wider tracks choose to narrow or widen as well. The gussets provided are larger than necessary and semi-generic so as to require trimming to fit whatever final decision is made.

Keep in mind also that extending the trackwidth will have no effect on the camber and toe correction range of the kits, but may affect wheel clearance or position, as always a little pre-planning would be wise.

Return to Product Support/Feedback